ONPARA Announces Partnership with Communiti
Ontario Para Network (ONPARA) is excited to announce that it has officially partnered with the Communiti Sports App to help our member clubs expand their reach
The app is easy-to-use with a modern, user-friendly interface. This partnership will provide a platform for the general public to get involved in our programs.
Communiti is an app founded by developers who had difficulty finding certified coaches for adult programming for themselves and, later on, for their children. They realized this was a barrier in Canadian sport for the general public, newcomers, and families. Hence, their solution is to build bridges between people and sport by providing access to quality certified programs and coaches at an affordable price. They are committed to making the sport more inclusive and developing the next generation of athletes, officials, and coaches.
According to Shashank BK, Co-Founder and CEO of the app:
“We’re very excited to work with a dynamic and forward-thinking organization like ONPARA. There are significant synergies between us, and through this partnership, we will:
- Grow Para sport by lowering entry barriers and providing simple and convenient solutions.
- Create an inclusive Para community by providing resources to those in need.
- Set the standard for how sporting programs should be delivered in Canada and around the world
I look forward to seeing these initiatives impact the ONPARA Community in the coming months.”
“We are excited to partner with Communiti on this initiative. Their state-of-the-art programming will make registration for our members very easy. We look forward to working with Shashank and building this program for our clubs,” Doug Hannum, Executive Director, ONPARA.”
Communiti is a simple and convenient mobile app to discover and book sports programs and coaches around you. It provides a modern user-friendly interface with easy-to-use features. Some of the advantages of using the app are:
- Browse clubs and coaches around you, and check out their profiles, ratings, and reviews to make an informed decision.
- Chat with the clubs or coaches instantly in the app to get any questions answered.
- Schedule, availability, and prices listed in the app. Don’t have to pick up the phone to call anyone.
- Once you’ve found the perfect program that works for your schedule, book it and pay directly in the app.
- Just show up for your lesson. No wallet, no cash, no worries. All you need is your phone.
Husband and Wife Duo’s Virtual Circle of Support
Husband and wife, Jim and Loretta Davis, joined the ranks of virtual physical activity programmers with limited technical know-how and no idea of the time it required.
We acknowledge the land on which ParaSport® Ontario was built is the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee peoples, many of whom continue to live and work here today. This territory is covered by the Upper Canada Treaties and is within the land protected by the Dish with One Spoon Wampum agreement to peaceably share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes. Today Toronto (also known as Tkaronto) is home to many First Nations, Metis, and Inuit peoples and acknowledging reminds us that our great standard of living is directly related to the resources and friendship of Indigenous people.